View Single Post
Old 11-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #694
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
After a long stretch of so-so audiobooks, I'm about 30% into The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley, and delightfully narrated by Jayne Entwistle. Perhaps it is primarily due to the audio performance, but Flavia du Luce is one of the most enjoyable fictional characters I have encountered. She is an 11-year-old girl who is obsessed with chemistry, especially poisons… and she launches her own investigation of a murder after finding a stranger's body in the garden at her home. She speaks like a grown up most of the time but then does some of the most childish things that I can't help but laugh. I am thrilled that there are another four books already written in the series after this one--and a sixth due in 2014. The book is lots of fun and loaded with classic literature and classical music references.
I might just have to try the Audible version of this book. I tried to like the eBook, but it just didn't quite work for me, though my DW loved it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote