View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #19
tnforpaul45
Zealot
tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tnforpaul45 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Back on the original topic:

How could they possibly get excited about products that they apparently cannot obtain from Kobo?
Eld, I agree, but also, the flip side of that is because of the lack of interest and demand in the retail channels, Kobo decided that the US market was a secondary target (and rightfully it should have: 46% market share in Canada and way lower than that in the US).

I know this whole thread that I have started reeks of a little bit of Ameri-centric egotism, but WAAHH I want the Kobo Glo here and now!

Lets hope that Kobo increases its competitiveness here, and that Amazon and B&N increases their coverage in Canada and other countries as well. It's a global world now (ironic use of words), Friedman "flattened" it, so lets get rid of country-specific releases, shall we? Just pipe dreamin'. . .
tnforpaul45 is offline   Reply With Quote