View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
You might ask on the Kobo forum to get the perspective of actual Kobo users rather than those of Kindle or Sony fans. Kobo has 50% market share in Canada. Not everyone has had problems. I for one have not and taking into account it's popularity, I can't be alone or Sony or Kindle would be #1. Not saying I don't love my Sony but I'd take the opinion of owners rather than that of others based on hearsay.
The only reason they have such a big share in Canada is that Kobo is propped up & highlighted all over the place. People don't want Kindle because they have to pay in US dollars when buying books, or pay the conversion in Canadian. Same difference. They're also somewhat limited in model choice. We get older crap up here.

Many, many people don't have the slightest idea that Sony makes an ereader. They want an ereader and someone in a store says Kobo.

In the US someone wants an ereader an invariably someone says Kindle. It's the same thing. They're starting to say Nook too but Kindle first.

Kobo has such a big share because people don't know the alternatives and are under the misconception that Kobo is Canadian so they think they're being patriotic and supporting it. It's not because it's a better device. Don't kid yourself. My opinion has nothing to do with being a Sony or Kindle fan. It's usability and Kobo doesn't have it over the other two.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote