View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I know I shouldn't be writing this, but I am annoyed by what seems to be an attitude that I am required to do work for you to accomplish things that are of zero interest for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
... Lucky me, I finally found someone on the forums who wanted their file names in the same format I did, and copied his 'code'. I never could find anyplace that explained it all so I could have figured it out myself. If I ever want to change it, I'll be back at square one. With no idea how it works even though I can play with it and see the results pretty much endlessly. Not so helpful.
Perhaps the manual page http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/template_lang.html will help?
Quote:
Why does the author of that bit assume I understand what they're offering, and where do I do to find out, and how much experimentation am I willing to do?
The author of that bit, me, was responding to particular problems that people were a) having and described accurately in forum posts, who b) helped work out what the problem exactly was, and who c) helped test the solution. It was a challenge, and the people raising the point were very willing to participate, to the point of providing mouse-hover tooltips further explaining what the options do.

I have no interest in how much experimentation you are willing to do, and only peripheral interest in whether you figure anything out. I do calibre development because I want to, for whatever reason I have at that moment. I am under no obligation to do work to satisfy your or anyone else's needs.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote