View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
LaughingVulcan
Technophile
LaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enoughLaughingVulcan will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-650 Sony, Nook Simpletouch, more legacy gear than I can remember
While I have the last version of the HTML that I ran through HTML2LRF, it went through many gyrations before that. It started as txt, washed through BD, then the HTML0 from BD was massaged several times (and hacked up to change the style settings and a few massive search-and-replaces on a faux-text version to dump the individual paragraph styles that Word [I think] decided to incorporate. Not to mention that I'm not sure at all how the final version, renamed several times, still managed to find the jpeg cover and Whitman portrait.)

Finally, I didn't go through the final pre-conversion file to see what (if any) personal information might be still in the file - like my name, etc.

So, long answer is that yes I still have an html file, but short answer is no I'm not terribly comfortable with the notion of just uploading it.

And, having called it up a couple of minutes ago, I see that most (probably all) of the formatting errors in the lrf file are directly translated from the html file. Good for html2lrf, bad for my trying to fix whatever's wrong in the next release of it.

Edit to add: And I see that rjnagle's links are very good - especially the link to the Whitman archive. Thank you!
The complete text is available, with image links, of apparently every version published there. So I'm really thinking of using that as my base for the next version. That would get me away from the travesty of the file I wound up creating for conversion...

Last edited by LaughingVulcan; 08-28-2007 at 07:58 PM.
LaughingVulcan is offline   Reply With Quote