View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 07:46 PM   #3
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Looking back on my finished-it list, this has been a year where most of the books I read had something to do with the state of the United States, perhaps not too surprising in a year where that country was even more newsworthy than normal. These stand out among those published the year I read them:

Janesville: An American Story by Amy Goldstein

An American Sickness: How Healthcare Became Big Business and How You Can Take It Back by Elisabeth Rosenthal

American Fire: Love, Arson, and Life in a Vanishing Land by Monica Hesse

Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann

Sons and Soldiers: The Untold Story of the Jews Who Escaped the Nazis and Returned with the U.S. Army to Fight Hitler by Bruce Henderson

Fiction? I don't read a lot of that the year published. I do read every new novel in Julia Keller's Bell Elkins series, and this year's installment, Fast Falls the Night was at least as good as any, and relates well to current non-fiction themes.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 12-13-2017 at 08:33 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote