View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 02:56 PM   #25
jonnymorris
jonnymorris began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B
It would also be good if someone could describe to me the proper factory reset method, as I'm not sure I'm doing it properly. I found the little hole in the back, I poke it until I feel it press something, then when I let it go I hear a faint 'blip' sound from the Kobo and the screen goes blank and refreshes, then it goes to the white and black blocks animation with 'Kobo Read On' in the middle of the screen (which it does indefinitely, as far as I can tell).

It started doing this after I connected the Kobo to my computer with Kobo Desktop running, and it said it was doing a firmware upgrade (but gave no visual feedback of progress, so I assumed it had finished after about ten minutes of it not telling me anything, other than that it had loaded some books from the Desktop onto the Kobo, and unplugged it).

So here we are. I suspect the Kobo isn't even showing up in my /dev listing in a terminal on my Mac, as I can't see any new devices appear and it doesn't appear in Disk Utility at all either.
jonnymorris is offline   Reply With Quote