View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 08:30 PM   #9
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If it were me, I'd just add Mattia Rizzolo's ppa for Sigil and be done with it. He's the one who packages Sigil for Ubuntu and Debian. He'd be the one who prepared the 0.9.5 version you're using now. He's got a Sigil 0.9.8 package for 16.04.

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mapreri/sigil
sudo apt-get update
Then to install ...
Code:
sudo apt-get install sigil
If any of that makes you uncomfortable, I'll walk you through removing your current Sigil installation, downloading/installing my stand-alone 0.9.8 package, and migrating your current preferences/plugins.
Thanks Diap. Well, I'm just not sure I know enough to make an informed decision. (I'm pretty ignorant about how Xubuntu works with the ppas and dependencies and all that stuff.) Like, why would you use Rizzolo's version before your own? So if I run those commands will my preferences be automatically updated? And will his or your versions get updated when I get the main software updates from Xubuntu? Knowing you, I think I'd be more comfortable having your version. What do you think the best way to go is?
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote