View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yep. That's from the standard repos. Just use (from a terminal):

Code:
sudo apt-get install sigil
to upgrade to 0.9.8.

NOTE: the "About" dialog for Sigil v0.9.8 from the standard repository will likely indicate that it's v0.9.7. But it really is v0.9.8. We just didn't have the version strings updated when v0.9.8 was tagged for release.
Thanks Diap. I was looking in Synaptic Package Manager and only 0.9.5 was there. (BTW I hit the "reload" button before I looked and should I click on the "Mark All Upgrades" button too? I looked at it and it has only five or six things either "to be installed" or "to be upgraded." Sigil wasn't in there.)

I ran your command and this is what came up:

Code:
gregory@gregory-GA-A55M-DS2:~/Desktop$ sudo apt-get install sigil
[sudo] password for gregory: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
sigil is already the newest version (0.9.5+dfsg-0ubuntu1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 11 not upgraded.
gregory@gregory-GA-A55M-DS2:~/Desktop$
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_122.png
Views:	135
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	158936  
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote