View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 12:30 PM   #27
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Thank you knc1!
I put the update 4.1.3 into root, but Kindle just silently deleted it without giving me an option to update through Settings.

So how would you suggest to update the certificates?
I noticed that this 'unable to establish secure connection' error appears only a few websites, like Wikipedia, Yahoo Mail (allow to browse after I hit 'yes' 4 times), Wall Street Journal (says only the above error with no 'yes' option at all), Yahoo Mail (says once the error, then says that Browser is unable to display this page). Yahoo.com shows no error, just the latter message, NY Times just says 'Your Kindle is unable to load the requested page' although it showed some content behind the error box. Other stock bookmarks (Amazon, Google, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, IMDB) works flawlessly.
It is entirely possible your new Kindle wasn't updated last March. Follow the link knc1 gave to get the wireless update or it won't allow you to connect to the internet.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote