View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 12:14 AM   #20
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
From the Digital Reader blog:

https://the-digital-reader.com/2017/...lowest-seller/

More at the source.

It helps to understand the difference between AMAZON.COM and AMAZON.LLC. because what we have here is Amazon.com (the online mall operator) demoting their Anchor store (AMAZON.LLC) to the same status as other *new* book vendors on the site. So if another book source can undercut AMAZON.LLC (by offering up a remaindered copy, for example) they are happy to give them top listing.

Publishers, of course, are upset to see their deep discounted inventory (for which authors don't get paid) getting added visibility.

Expend lots on whining about readers getting easier access to cheap pbooks.
Along these lines, I have just added the App "Honey"

https://www.joinhoney.com/

to my Chromebook. This will tell you (hopefully) whether your choice on Amazon is the cheapest one available. I tried it once and it seemed to work, but I have not had enough experience with it yet to develop complete confidence.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote