View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 02:06 PM   #9
ericthelobster
ericthelobster began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PR-505
Thanks a lot for all the advice and tips, everyone - fantastic! I've now successfully grabbed the 16 ghastly Harlequin books (no offence intended ) for SWMO, who's now happy - the link that akwant kindly provided is different to those I'd seen before. And I've now cottoned on to using Adobe Digital Editions thing for downloading epub format material. I'll have a play with some of the file conversion stuff mentioned, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I'm in the UK. When I first imported my Sony PRS500, in May 2007, I had no choice but to register it at the US Sony site. But I ticked the box claiming to live in the USA.

I got a PRS505 for Christmas. So far, I haven't registered it anywhere, but expect to add it to my US Sony account. I cannot see any benefit of registering it with Waterstone's.
Well initially I tried downloading and installing Sony software from the US site, but once it sussed from my IP address that I was in the UK, that was the end of that! As far as I can see the UK version of the Sony software only interfaces with Waterstones - doesn't have a wonderful choice and isn't great value either; so I think I'll forget that...

Quote:
What sort of books are you looking for, ericthelobster?
Personally, thrillers/adventure stuff - off the top of my head, Ian Rankin, Harlan Coben, Patricia Cornwell, Tess Gerritsen, John Grisham are the sort of thing.
ericthelobster is offline   Reply With Quote