View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 12:46 AM   #19
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
I'm taking your continued discussion of that politician's head-up-his-arse ignorant statement, made in the context of "leave America to the Americans, and send immigrants back home", as a tongue-in-cheek exercise. If it's not....scratching my head.
Well, not commenting on the politician's statement one way or the other... but, humans, not native to the Americas. One group just immigrated earlier and from the other coast (although there is some debate as to whether it was via land or sea and exactly when and if there was more than one wave ... then again, there is the same debate about the group that immigrated from the other coast, albeit a few thousand years later).

I've seen heated discussions on the authenticity of a "native american" indian fry bread recipe, commonly served to tourists and claimed to be the handed down recipe for generations ... which uses white flour. Not to say it hasn't been in that family for years, but it can't be older than the clash of east immigrants running to the west ones, since no wheat grew on these two continents, either, until the second immigration wave.

Then again, polenta in Italy used to be made with barley, but you don't see that today in any authentic Italian cookbooks (although I've only seen one that tried to claim that polenta, northern corn grits and southern hominy grits were "all the same")
koland is offline   Reply With Quote