View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #44
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Chipped means sliced, biscuits means scones, cilantro means coriander, but only if it's the green bits, if it's the seeds it's called coriander -anything else I should know before going on holiday to northern California?
ground coriander is called cumin

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Grits?

How about hominy grits?

Mom would put a big dab of butter in the middle, and it would melt into a delicious pool.

Also a slice of cheese on top of the grits or hominy, and then of course sides of eggs, bacon, sausage, and buttered toast. We didn't really have biscuits then.

When I went into the Army, they might have given me SOS, but never any of the above. You gotta make do with what you got.
grits are grits no matter what. I think what you got largely depended on where you went to basic. I was at Ft. Jackson
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote