View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 04:28 AM   #81
lovestoreadalot
Connoisseur
lovestoreadalot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well, installing is very simple. You just unzip the most recent fbreader.zip, copy the fbreader.app into the main memory of your reader under system/bin and off you go.

The more sophisticated approach on this would be to rename the pasted version to fbreader180.app and replace the extensions.cfg, so that you could choose between the old fbreader and the 180 version. But this is strictly not necessary for the new version to work. If you want to use the g-sensor to turn your pages, the g-sensor has to be turned on, of course.

Please do not hesitate to ask more question if this wasn't satisfying.
I was finally able to get fbreader180 version on my pb360. I was not able to keep the old version (it was too difficult for me to understand how to do this ). The only reason I wanted to keep the old version is that I'm always a bit frightened about using newer versions in case they don't work correctly.
So if for some reason I dislike newer version (which I truly doubt) do I just paste original version into system/bin as I did with fbreader180 to replace version that is now on my pb360.
lovestoreadalot is offline   Reply With Quote