View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 03:03 AM   #266
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
EDIT: If the problems occurs on a 23bit machine and you see a Stackoverflow message in the raw output, please change the following line plugin.py:
Code:
    args = ['java', '-jar', epc_path, temp_dir, '-mode', 'exp', '--version']
to

Code:
    args = ['java', '-Xss1024k',  '-jar', epc_path, temp_dir, '-mode', 'exp', '--version']
Hi Doitsu, I've just recently added the EPubCheck wasn't working for me either. When the plugin runs, I could glimpse something in the running plugin window but couldn't see what it saw before the window disappeared. Then Sigil reported "No problems found!". I saw your hint to enable clipboard copy, and I'm getting that stack overflow error. This is on 64-bit Windows 10 with 64-bit Sigil and I've got Java 1.8.0_201 installed. A bit of digging (found the test command "java -d64 -version") shows that I only have 32-bit Java installed. I don't recall how or when I installed Java . I added the -Xss arg and now it works.

Two questions:
1) Should that stack size arg be included by default in the plugin? Or somehow get the plugin to detect if only a 32-bit Java is installed?
2) Is it possible to somehow catch the stack overflow error (or any java error I guess) and return some sort of error back to Sigil rather than display "No problems found!"?
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote