View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 12:08 PM   #15
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
There are universities and universities, and professors and professors. When I was a student, at least two of my professors proudly gave away copies of their books to all students in the class
Make no mistake, the vast majority of my professors were great experts, wonderful people and passionate teachers. I have been very lucky in this regard. But no matter where you go, you always find at least one disagreeable person.

Also, this was quite a long time ago. I can not imagine something like that happening nowadays. Today students have much more power in their hands. Even back then this rose quite an outrage. This is why I remember it clearly.
The textbooks in question were ones published directly by our university - A4 sized "paperbacks" made by quite primitive printing and binding technology.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote