View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 04:48 PM   #57
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Thanks for taking the initiative to consider how long the polls should be. Looking at it, more people may want the slightly shorter polls to leave more time for reading.

We could do, for instance, an initial poll of three or four days and a run-off poll of three days. That would make a total of six or seven days, only one or two days more than our current system. That would still get us done before the end of the month with days to spare.

Really though, I like your suggestions on length too and I'd be up for any length Tom and the group see fit.
I think 3 days for the initial poll might be too short of a time. We could keep it 5 days like it is now, but limit the run-off to 3 days, making it 8 days total.

Nominations seem to only take a day or two, so that takes the whole process to 10 days.

As people are gearing up for the discussions of the current month, they can be thinking of their nominations for the next month. Its a lot to plan but its doable.

I would like to suggest maybe starting the nomination process for the next month around the 15th of the month, while keeping the discussions for the current month at starting on the 20th.
If things go smoothly we'd be done and dusted around the 25th of the month, meaning it would work for February as well.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote