View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 04:06 PM   #7
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I started reading this on my Kindle, and put it down twice. But as soon as I started listening to the Nadia May narration, I totally "got it" and was able to easily go back and forth between the audio book and the ebook versions. (Made easier by having WhisperSync, of course.)

My basis for comparison is Jeeves & Wooster. There, we had two quite likable protagonists, but much the same quality of humour. (And, of course, who _wouldn't_ want a Jeeves!) This was much harder to get in to, though I can see exactly how it would work as a series/sitcom. Except that the weakness is exactly that lack of the Jeeves character to act as the foil, the calming and sustaining influence, etc. Olga doesn't quite work for that.

Will I be reading the other's in the series? Possibly. I'm certainly glad to have read this, and all the others are available as McCaddon/Nadia May narrations, so there's that to look forward to.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote