View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 12:39 PM   #109
charlie - uk
Enthusiast
charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charlie - uk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Boox T68 & I86 HD ML+, Hisense A5,A5CC,Q5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I'm curious as to how the reading experience on the A5 compares to the reading experience on the A5CC.

Is the text on the A5CC as clear as the text on the A5? What about when reading a book which has colour pictures, is the text as clear as on the A5?

I have an A5 and really love it.But it would be tempting to get the A5CC if the reading experience were just as good.

Also, do you notice any difference in terms of power consumption between the two devices?

And can the lockscreen display a colour picture when the device is switched off?

Thanks.
Because the A5CC has colour filters in front of the e-ink screen, it is less reflective than the A5. Black on white text, there seems to be little difference. Colour is overlayed over the e-ink screen, with a colour filter array, so it doesn't seem to interfere with text display. Power consumption seems pretty much the same between the two. Increasing with, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & screen refresh rate, when browsing the internet etc. The lock screen has a user selectable background. If there is a way to display a picture when shutdown, I haven't found it. Shutdown display, is minimal, just says Hisense & Turned off. In lock screen, you can display whatever background picture you like. The Hisense A5CC phone, with it's extra memory and faster processor, gives a much better user experience, than the Hisense A5...

Last edited by charlie - uk; 07-14-2020 at 12:57 PM.
charlie - uk is offline   Reply With Quote