View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #14
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
FWIW: I use Win 7, 64-bit, and my Kobo desktop app works just fine after updating to 1.4. It recognizes my Kobo. But, I downloaded my one DRMed book to Adobe Digital Editions and loaded it onto the Kobo from there. Other books go through "calibre."

I also try to run a very "lean machine" as much as that's possible these days, because I found that it was hard to tell what was conflicting with what.

So, basically, who knows what the problem is? Unless you sit down with THAT COMPUTER and futz around with it, you can't really say. (I have a running joke with the IT guy at work that, whenever my computer acts up, "It must be that unapproved screensaver messing things up.")
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote