View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 07:26 PM   #11
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyche View Post
You missed a couple zero's.

I think Large size ink screens are effectively dead unless they can drop into the sub $300 range.
Not necessarily.

I'd pay for an 11" e-ink device which can present regular PDFs at almost full size.

Annotation is not a must for me, but for business use, it would be necessary.

The great battery life of e-ink is another very important advantage: for travel, the 10 hours of the iPad is often woefully inadequate. Even at home, I hated it when I forgot to plug in my old iRex and it died just as I was settling in in bed for the night, hoping to read for an hour or so.

Then, for extended reading, I think I'd give the nod to e-ink as well.

I have really cooled-off on the tablet thing somewhat. Because, even if I got a tablet:

-- At home, I would always prefer to watch movies/videos on large screens, or browse the web, Flash and all, on my iMac, or write emails on my iMac;

-- When I travel, I would always bring along my Mac Book Pro, which is a must for getting work done, and it is also better for browsing the web, or writing email;

-- If I am out and about, I would always carry my iPhone (just ordered a 4" Samsung Galaxy S Android and use it for email, text, etc..

Which leaves any tablet I would have, to serve primarily as an e-reader. But then, as I noted above, a large screen e-ink device would serve this purpose better, IMO.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote