View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 03:53 AM   #12
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
How can you compare the ipad with the kindle or any other eink device anyway?

Eink devices are niche products devised purely for reading whereas the ipad is a multimedia device. There is always room in the Market for niche products so I don't see the Kindle failing anytime soon just because of the ipad.

Sure people will read on the ipad but I think that they will tend to be casual readers who get through a small amount of books per year and therefore don't mind paying Apple's inflated ebook prices.

Personally I'm a big reader so the ipad would not suit me for Reading. Perhaps it might be good for other things like surfing the net etc so I'm not totally ruling it out.

Also the books app that jobs was so keen to show off isn't even going to be available outside the US.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote