View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by splat View Post
Hi all,

I have a friend who is releasing a book in A4 pdf format and while they are not exactly open to / convinced of other more suitable formats at the moment, they are willing to release the book in various size formatted PDF to go with the various ebook devices that can support it (sony, iLiad etc).

To that end. Would anyone have a list of sizes for Pdf for various devices.

(nb: unfortunately I've been sworn to secrecy on the book for the moment so can't go in to any details)
The screen size of the Sony Reader is 90mm by 120mm.

Now why would your friend want to release PDF only? PDF is a rather lousy format for reading. It's too inflexible. One of the things that a reader is good for is being able to change the font size. Can't do that with PDF. AllI can say is if this book is only going to be in PDF and your friend is not willing to think about better formats for audience, then I think his sales won't do very well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote