View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 12:09 AM   #15
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
Since MelC brought up CBC Christmas stories (and I agree about Vinyl Cafe), how about Alan "Fireside Al" Maitland reading "Gift of the Magi" and Frederick Forsyth's "The Shepherd"? "The Shepherd" will definitely be on CBC's As It Happens on Christmas Eve, somewhere between 6:30 pm and 8 pm local time. It's been a Christmas Eve tradition for 30 years. They also often replay "The Gift of the Magi" sometime during the week leading up to Christmas. Keep checking the website: http://www.cbc.ca/asithappens/

I think "The Shepherd" qualifies as a feel good story and others have already mentioned "The Gift of the Magi". I have many a fond Christmas memory listening to both these stories over the years.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote