View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 09:29 PM   #13
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
This is funny, 'cos this 'SetForegroundWindow' thingie was supposed to be disabled back in win98. So when win98 came on, all kinds of hacks need to be done to get your program to the foreground the way it did in Win95 etc. I noticed that with XP, this focus grabbing thingie made a comeback. It was supposed to flash the 'icon' on the taskbar a number of times when 'SetForegroundWindow' was called. Something must have messed it up.

That "can I reboot?" thingie is also pretty annoying. For goodness sake, why is it that so many updates require a reboot. I recall that a 'Best Practice' from MS to be that installations and updates should not require a reboot. It makes me wonder ... with Dynamically Loaded Libraries (dlls) ... why can't the updated code be reloaded without a reboot. I think such a 'feature' would be twice as appreciated than aero GUI.
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote