View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #8
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
I don't remember having this problem on OSX...
I never had it happen on OS X. In fact, as far as i recall, one part of the original OS X Human User Interface Guidelines is devoted specifically to this problem and makes a point of *never* stealing focus from a user. According to that document, and the original OS X UI design, each and every app should have all their modal windows open as a sheet permanently attached and affixed to it's corresponding window.

Unfortunately, OS X apps and Apple's own user interfaces follow that awesomely thought out set of guidelines less and less

Regarding Windows, i don't actually remember when i had this happen to me last time... Both in XP and Vista. Actually, i think Vista's Aero makes a good effort of never popping up anything above the window with focus, unless it's a UAC confirmation dialogue (which is a completely different matter because it pops in a separate layer and - in fact - a separate screen above your desktop).
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote