View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #98
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
So what happens when the dog goes in the kitchen to bake a pear tart? Well, I chose the simple recipe that has four ingredients: pie crust, pears, sugar, and lemon juice. I make the crust from scratch (piece of cake - ahem!). Then I peel, core, and slice the pears. Then I skim the next step and it says to throw the pear slices in a big bowl and there's something about 1/3 of a cup and lemon juice. The chemist in me is thinking this is good - the lemon juice will keep the pears from oxidizing and turning brown. So I do it. Man, this is a lot of lemon juice. Okay, now carefully arrange the slices in the pie crust to make it look pretty. I do that with a lot of effort. Now put it in the oven. Wait, where's the sugar?? I look back and I was supposed to put the pear slices in a bowl with 1/3 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Doh!!! Well, I'm not taking them out of the crust and starting again. So I sprinkle the sugar all over the pear slices in the crust. Hey, it'll cook through. Right? We'll see. My wife and daughter are just laughing at me. Typical. It's in the oven now and we'll see how it turns out in 40 minutes.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote