Thread: Troubleshooting Indexing is truly vexing ...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #58
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutraa View Post
Although we may think of our devices as tablet computers, they're not. They simply don't have the processing power of a true computer. They are file storage and display devices that struggle to compile large relational databases like indexes of hundreds of books from scratch.

I rely on my laptop and Calibre to organize and index my ebook library, not my reading devices. And if Intuit develops TurboTax "K," I'm not buying!
Well they are still quite decent, as computers go. The Kobo Glo has a 1GHz processor, which is not to be laughed at and I believe the Kindle has a 800 MHz processor.

Do not belittle them, they are nice, comparable with some tablet outside. True they do not have the screen to go with it, but who cares ? They are to be used as ereaders and their aim is to last a long time, they do not have to do heavy number crunching. In fact as soon as they start doing something heavier (indexing is one example) battery goes down fast!

Cheers
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote