View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #105
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Unfortunately, 10 minutes is more than plenty to gather the lack of apps.
There are ca. 10 categories.
In each category you find ca. 100 to 400 apps.
You easily can scroll through those 100 to 400 apps in a minute or so.
The tiles are very informative and neatly arranged. But the downside to this is, you can scroll through the apps that fast...
How many apps do you need?
Lets pass on the games. I don't do games except on rare occasion, I might look at something someone is pressing into my hand.

Lets look at one thing. WiFi apps. I have looked at most of the Android Apps for WiFi and tried to use them. I even tried to take a short cut and look at the paid ones trying to find one really good one that would just hook me up with the public WiFi spots without me asking for a password or something.

I did like the 2 or 3 that showed me where public wifi spots were relative to my position but the old android settings app did just as well except for that characteristic. My GPS units will give me better locations of restaurants etc, that I can be fairly certain will have a wifi spot.

My point is that 100 good apps OR FEWER should suffice except for the games.
The other 100 thousand or more is just redundant!
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote