View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #42
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What happens if you use Kobo Desktop and sync. some books from the Kobo Website?

Did you try what TheDucks suggested? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=12
PeterT, I appreciate your assistance.

Kobo purchases work fine. I get this error when I'm trying to make changes to my library through Calibre, it will let me do one change [add usually] at a time, and it will do it with 1 book, or 10, fine. When I click to add another, that's when I get the error. Making 1 change at a time is a PITA, and I've done this before, and never got these errors til last couple of month. Hence why I think it's software problem between KT and Calibre. The Kobo should let you manage library without these problems...

I didn't try shutting off USB enhanced because like I said in my last post, I use my computer to manage multiple devices and I don't want to cause errors or have problems on any of those devices, they all work fine and I don't want to fix 1 thing only to have all my other devices not work.

My KT works fine [now, again, finally ], only thing that doesn't is Calibre library management on Kobo as stated above, and it used to.

I think I'm at the 'I give up' point again, and resigned to doing 1 change at a time, because there doesn't seem to be an easy fix, and it's obviously not only myself having this problem. I don't want to risk messing up all else on my computer that is working fine, for this 1 thing. But I'll check back in case someone does find some easy, magic setting that makes this error go away.

I do appreciate the help, not trying to sound ungrateful, because people are so helpful here. I just think KT shouldn't have this problem, when it didn't before, and it should be Kobo or Calibre looking to make this work, not me.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote