View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Hi Jeff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Butler View Post
A couple of questions... Do I leave my micoSD card in while installing? I'm really wanting to use the extra space for apps. Or do I insert it after the upgrade process? Do I still pick the "Move Library to SDCard" option?
What I usually do is to upgrade directly from the MicroSD card (rather than USB). In this way, I always have it in the PE and never take it out. If you are upgrading from USB, having the SD card in should not affect the upgrade, either.

Once you have upgraded, you probably want your library in the SD card, since in the new system there are only 500 Mb of non-app internal storage.

Be careful! If your library is in the internal storage, it will be erased by the upgrade. You want to backup it first, or move it to the SD card. There are two paths you can follow:

1) Backup up the library, install the upgrade, move the library to the SD card and then restore the backup (this I haven't tried, but I don't see why it wouldn't work).
2) Move the library to the SD card (optionally, install Allmine if you haven't installed it yet to avoid the library breaking), install the upgrade and move the library to the SD card. The system will ask you if you want to use the pre-existent library in the SD card, and you can say yes to that. If the library breaks, you can look on the Allmine thread for the fix.

I hope this clears your questions, but feel free to keep on asking!
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote