View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnymonster View Post
Could be that Dropbox is cruddy & slow....

Could be that your router is only set to allow a certain number of devices to connect (some routers have insanely low - for my house at least - values set for this restriction...) and what you're seeing is the result of an address conflict.

Could be that where you choose to use your Kindle is being covered by your network and interfered with from a neighbour.

Could be that the antenna on your router has a pattern that involves a dead spot (or nearly dead spot) where you were testing.

Could be a heap of things, you need to work through and find the common pattern - like if dropbox is slow on the kindle, haul yourself to the PC and try it there right there and then while it's slow on the Kindle.
Router is right next to me. So it's not a signal issue seeing I have full bars on the Kindle anywhere in this small apt. Nothing is connected but my Desktop (wired) all other WiFi is off. Dropbox is super fast on my Desktop. My network is WPA2 secured. Neighbors in two units down has a network but it's secured. Other then that it's just me. I thought about trying a different channel now the people who took mine I used for years moved out.

Is there any difference in Channels? I had to change mine twice in the past year and a half due to people with the same router brand taking the one I was using.

Edit: I see almost everyone in this building is using 6 and one user on 11. I was on 7 so I switch to 8 and noticed a huge difference on the Kindle. I couldn't even connect trying 1,2,3 but at 4,5 the signal went weaker. 8 seems to be working better for me so far. I read 9 will interfere with some Microwaves so 7, 8, 10 are my choices.

Last edited by Blossom; 08-30-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote