View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
Well, I got the thing yesterday... my initial impression is a bit disappointing. I'll need to spend a lot more time with it before coming up with a firm assessment, but my first thoughts are:
  • This is probably a problem with using IE, but while attempting to read books on Safari Books Online, IE doesn't reformat the page to fit the (maximized) browser window but instead insists on presenting scrollbars. Ugh. Anyone know a better browser for reading HTML eBooks?
Thanks for the review.

It is NOT IE, it is the web site you are reading. They probably are formating with a fixed size table or div, so when you close it down you get scroll bars. You should complain to them to change there HTML to use a "max" width... this way when you are smaller it should size/flow the text.

Just read on Engaget that the Nokia810 is comming out soon. however, I'm not sure what OS it runs, so don't know what reader software will run on it.

BOb

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote