View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
I am not sure that Jetbook Mini is the best name for it... after all, it looks to have the same (size/actual) screen as the original Jetbook.

That being said... first observation is that it definitely looks like it uses user replaceable batteries.

It also looks like an extremely well designed unit. Unlike the Jetbook lite, where the battery compartment looks like it was tacked on to the back of the standard Jetbook, the Mini's battery compartment looks like it was carefully integrated into a real hand grip for the unit. The only disadvantage to this would be if you like to read with your book sitting flat on a table .

I would have liked to see the home screen and gotten an idea of how different the unit's screens and organization is from the original Jetbook.

Over all, the only real questions I have are regarding how durable the unit will be and how long one can expect to read using rechargeable batteries.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote