View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
joeman
joeman began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
If you haven't still decided and you'd like an alternative to Kindle, consider Pocketbook 901 (9.7 inch, like KDXG), due in September. Pocketbook has a superb PDF firmware, it makes many PDF's readable even in my 5 incher, Pocketbook 360. I have a very tight budget, so Pocketbook 901 will be the only reader I consider. It could be, nevertheless, that Pocketbook releases a similar model at the same time, a more expensive and capable one (touchscreen, wifi, maybe 3G, and so on), which might be interesting for you.

Thanks for pointing out that one. I think it could be a nice alternative to the kindle dx(g) too. Large, supports pdf too and so on. I just don't want to risk buying an "experiment" or "work in progress" and spend alot of time on workarounds and support.

Also after reading this i'm not more tempted to consider it:

"
The reader is being produced for the Ukrainian Pocketbook company (producer of the mediocre Pocketbook 301 and excellent Pocketbook 360) by Chinese manufacturer Netronix. Netronix is making a very similar large eReader for Astak, the 9.7-inch Mentor. We have no word on pricing, but the device is rumored to be ready in early 2010.
"

Not saying that because of the origins or designing companies it cannot be relied on but rather prefer to deal with something more established like amazon. Despite that i don't like that big brother action of amazon a while back.
joeman is offline   Reply With Quote