View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
I prefer to believe that the distractions are real, rather than necessarily being easily distracted . Though my wife might have a thing or two to say on the subject. While working at my computer I can apparently participate in entire conversations but have little recollection of them later. So the question becomes: Was I not easily distracted from the computer by the conversation, or was I easily distracted from the conversation by the computer. I guess it depends on your perspective.
I hear your arguments and I can only say that what you are describing could easily be defined as ADD by someone adept with the idea. The exceptions you seem to bring out are just different views of the same thing.

I will give an example of sorts.
You can start with a problem in probability that seems intractable, and yet with a slight shift of (call it) focus, the problem is simple and obvious.

It is here that the common, overused and many times distrusted statement (Trust me) comes into play.

-- my use of the parentheses above is because of a keyboard difficulty I am dealing with.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote