Thread: CSS / dropcaps
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 10:06 PM   #25
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That is not from an eink Kindle. The two eink Kindles that support KF8 have a much larger line-height that cannot be changed. That would have to be a Kindle Fire if it is indeed a Kindle.
Wolfie:

I concur, but I was covering the bases; it's possible it's Topaz, although that dropcap is so crappy I think not.

For Tesseract: Dropcaps are easily done in K8 format now; most tweaking is done simply based on fonts, as each tends to be slightly different and requires some line-height adjustment; we use a media-call fallback for the K7 (or, as some call it, the K6) version for the e-ink devices, creating the same type of "Raised Initial" that Calibre creates. This is a pretty easy solution.

I wonder what old ws64 ever came up with? S/he was pretty adamantine about those drops being doable in K7 e-ink. I remember one guy got so desperate he made his so-called "drops" (actually, not) images of letters with floral accompaniment. I thought they looked pretty turgid, myself (yes, I mean swollen), and of course, they wouldn't resize when the text did.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote