View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #11
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
What I meant was retail stores will only stock what sells and at the moment the NYT Bestsellers current and recent #1s are what sells. It's what the math tells us. When only 8 feet are allotted to books, midlist is squeezed out unless they are remaindered where they will be dumped in the "dollar bins" as my supermarket does.

And remember unsold stock is stripped of its cover and returned. Stores and distributors don't want to go to all that trouble issuing refunds. Also, books and magazines in my county have to be recycled.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote