View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 04:16 PM   #7
devseev
devseev began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
definitely the Entourage Edge

I am also an attorney and am very excited about getting my Entourage Edge next week. I think it will be a killer product for lawyers and other professionals.

I currently have a Kindle DX that I use for work purposes, but it's highly inadequate for anything besides passive reading. Note-taking is possible but very cumbersome.

The Edge has some overwhelming advantages over the Kindle and pretty much everything else out there (including the forthcoming iPad). For example:

- It allows handwritten annotations and note-taking directly on the PDF and saves to PDF. From reviews so far, this function works pretty well.

- It allows opening PDF and other email attachments, marking them up or signing them and emailing them out again.

- It allows editing of MS Office documents on the LCD side

- The dual screen permits a document open on one side and an active workspace (email, Word doc, browser) on the other side. This is ideal for reviewing documents and multitasking.

- Option for external keyboard gives ability to do serious typing/editing if necessary.

I know that the QUE reader is also trying to appeal to business professionals, but from what I have seen it is SLOW, which is a deal-breaker in itself, and is far more limited in what it can do than the Edge.

The Edge is effectively a laptop replacement for business trips and a handy tool to reduce the use of paper in the office.
devseev is offline   Reply With Quote