View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 12:12 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonzed View Post
I use Calibre to manage my library, and with the epub format allowed on my Paperwhite (7th Gen), I've tried sending a few of my books from Calibre in epub format. These books look fine in the Calibre reader, but on my kindle, they're unreadable. All double quotes, apostrophes, and a few others, all gibberish.

Anyone else seen this? Not happening with all books, but most.

PS just tried sending the same books as mobi's and they still work, and they also don't have any problems with the punctuation being scrambled. they also send the book cover properly, so I'll stick with mobi...until it stops working.
That’s to do with the character encoding of the ePub. See this:

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...r-smart-quotes
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote