View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #12
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
In the Super Target where I looked, the electronics department is adjacent to a very large book department. For that store, judicious placement of the end-cap might just result in catching the eye of readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey
The biggest selling point, sad to say, is that it has to be seen by people who actually read books, and I'm not so sure that the average Target customer is the same as the average B&N or Borders customer.
True, if one includes all Target customers. But, there are a large number of people who shop for books in Target and Wal-Mart rather than B&N or Borders. My mother-in-law is one of them. She's definitely a *reader*, and last Christmas, I gave her a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. By February 1, she had given it back to me because she just doesn't shop in B&N. She buys the majority of the books she reads from Wal-Mart. The selection is less, but if you're looking for only current releases in selected genres, then it can be a lot less confusing.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote