View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I doubt it will be quite as dire as the vinyl LP situation. We can print-on-demand if we insist on paper books. Vinyl-on-demand? Not so much.

I can see the vinyl equivalency on, say, original 1st edition printings. There will be none at some point in the future.

It does raise a minor topic I know we've touched on before. What is the future equivalent of a signed book? Will future e-books have a author's signature field attached to the cover art? Even that would not do the trick if we're only licensing e-books and don't really own them. I'm thinking the author's signature and any notation needs to be in a separate (side car?) file.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote