View Single Post
Old 01-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #12
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur
DeathtoToasters began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Illiad, Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Got one myself just before Christmas. Works very well. Had one book (paperback) that was too thick - about 1100 pages, that I broke into two halves in order to cut. My only complaint is the bar that slides back & forth to allow you to gauge the width of the cut. The thumb screw causes it to twist slightly (not unacceptably) but I think I can make a "shim" to use with it that will correct the problem.

My current storage is using a rubber band to keep the pages together until I'm sure I won't need to rescan.

I also use the scansnap and am very pleased with it. I purchased a SW that converts PDF to RTF and then edit with MS Word. That is faster and as accurate as using my ABBYY FinReader OCR SW.

Good luck on your venture.
Glad to hear the item is good. It may become something I will wnat ot do in the future.

I have rubberbands around mine also. I am just going to stick them in a storage box until I make sure I am not going to need them again.

Thanks for that tip about the SW conversion....sounds like a good idea. Are you on a PC or Mac?
DeathtoToasters is offline   Reply With Quote