View Single Post
Old 10-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #23
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
I am coming late to the party, and have not much to add, save for the fact that this seems to me a very effective pro-republic pamphplet
In Strachey's portrait Victoria's education does not prepare her for high office, she is voluble, obviously lacks judgment, and appears mostly intent in making sure her will is translated by others into deeds. She stamps her feet like a child in tantrums, and if she does not get her way it is the world who just don't understand her.
Nevertheless, I did enjoy the book very much, and Strachey's irony had me laugh out loud many times.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote