View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #68
vermontcathy
Connoisseur
vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 11, PW5, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbee View Post
I seem to have stumbled on a workaround that does not involve mucking with the metadata in my .mobi files. This solution will enable you to load your .mobi books onto the Paperwhite and have them show up categorized as books with full covers and NO "Personal" banner ruining your cover.
At first I got the generic cover, but then I realized I hadn't done the conversion with "Enable sharing of book contents via facebook etc..." checked off, as discussed previously. When I reconverted the books, I could download them and the cover shows, but they have "personal" on them. I recall some discussion regarding wiping the PW's files so that no metadata that was previously recorded was saved. So I downloaded a book that I've never had on this PW, and the same thing happened - "Personal" banner.

I have no idea what you might be doing different from me. You had my hopes up, though!

EDITED TO ADD: I guess I should ask - did you convert the books with the "Enable sharing of book contents via facebook etc..." checked off, or no? To recap, when sideloading, if you don't check that off when converting, the book doesn't have the "personal" banner, but also doesn't have the cover. When that IS checked off, when sideloading books, covers work but books have the "Personal" banner. So far, I'm getting the same behavior when using the personal server method of transfer.

EDITED AGAIN: Well, blow me down. I just tried another book, that did NOT have "Enable sharing of book contents via facebook etc..." checked off, and it worked - cover yes, personal banner no. So I'm getting inconsistent results. But I do know that this book did NOT have "Enable sharing of book contents via facebook etc..." checked off.

Last edited by vermontcathy; 10-10-2012 at 11:10 AM.
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote