View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 05:06 PM   #2
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
It's kind of a subjective question. It really comes down to how long you need the battery to last between charges. It definitely does not last also long as the battery on the Paperwhite, but it is not like you need to charge it every couple of hours either. I read about 2/2.5 hours a day and it is down to between 40 and 50% after 4-5 days. On the other hand, the Oasis 2 recharges much faster than other Kindles. It usually only takes 30 min to recharge from 50%. For me, that is not such a bad trade off, since my Paperwhite and Voyage take about 3 hours to recharge.

Here are the pluses to the Oasis 2 over the Voyage (And I used to truly loves my Voyage before I got my Oasis 2): Bigger screen, option to invert the colors for night reading, physical buttons, waterproof, faster charging, Bluetooth. On the down side, it is more expensive, heavier, thicker (on one side; thinner on the other), less battery power.

Last edited by Avwriter; 03-05-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote