View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #49
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
They posted that mumbo-jumbo today and it was wrong. They should have checked with Pandigital, as I did. You should have too. Instead more assumptions and rumors are spread around. Do I believe everything Pandigital told me? No, but it did come FROM them and not some misinformed employee at Kohls. When I called several local Kohls stores to find the device in the first place, not one of the people I called even knew what it was, with only one of them even knowing what an ebook reader was.

When I went to pick mine up on Monday I had to ask around because no one had a clue what I was talking about, much less what an ebook reader was. Once they found it, locked in a manager's office, they refused to sell it at first. They relented and sold it to me for the normal price of $259. Today they honored the sale price since I had already purchased it, had the ad, and had it written on my receipt. I think ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
How does one should fact check a review? I thought a review was a collection of opinions, not facts.

And can you point me at a review that was on the web early Monday morning when Slashgear reposted mine? I couldn't find any.
I believe the fact checking involves the story today, which they updated and even agreed might have been too harsh. Then again, you could try to sell the Novel to people like I met at Kohls over the week who had no idea what an ebook reader was. Of course, when they got home and the wireless wasn't working they would have returned it and been pissed off. It wasn't a win-win situation for Pandigital. I feel sorry for the guy who had to make that call today to be honest.

Now, I agree that reviews are opinions. At the same time, a good review is a thoughtful and well-built article listing the features, functionality, and opinions of the reviewer. Good reviewers are quick to list the pros and cons in the body of the article itself, or in a section all its own. Your review was con-con-con. I didn't see much positive in there to be honest. This at first made me circumspect of the review, since I have this device in hand, I know for a fact it deserves a better commentary, even initial thoughts, than you gave it. Is it the next iPad? Heck no. So we had a difference of opinion and I stated that I respect yours. That was until I saw the article on Slashgear and then your continued support of "the half-baked" Novel statement.

Last edited by ColdSun; 06-09-2010 at 09:17 PM.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote