Thread: impfind
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 08:51 PM   #23
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
The main problem that I've had is getting the extra perl modules the scripts need installed in the activestate perl that I've got installed under wine. Even the exe version that uses par to budle all of the stuff up fails under wine with errors from par. I fought with it all for awhile then just said to heck with it. There is a point where its just not worth all the extra effort trying to get windows software to work under linux. Thats why I started thinking along the lines getting most of the work done in a native linux environment and using wine as little as possible.
Which .exe are you referring to? ebookpub or Mobi2IMP GUI? Just use the perl .pl scripts instead of the .exe, no?

Quote:
The little script that I wrote to run under wine uses only the AutoPublisher api. You pass in a path to the opf and it creates the imp file.
So if you gave mobi2imp.pl (perl script) the mobi.prc, wouldn't it generate a .imp if you used BuildFromProject? If you send me/post the script, I can try to see if it is different from what I do. I haven't yet used/setup wine in ubuntu since I primarily use windows for ebook creation.

Quote:
I haven't added any of this to the wiki yet because it is such a mess to try getting wine set up to work with the command line tools. Impmake works but you have to have two seperate bottles for wine with eBook Publisher installed in them. The first can just be standard with only the core fonts installed into it. The second, where impmake will run, has to have some other dll's installed that allow the api calls from AutoPublisher to work but completely break the gui version of eBook Publisher.
I understand from ashkulz that using impmake in linux requires you to jump through hoops, but if you don't with your script, then there could be a native way to generate a .imp from a .opf. I think we are on the right track here...

Quote:
Yeah, at some point I'm going to have to break down and get comfortable with writing OO but since this is a hobby I just haven't taken the time to do it. My day job, or I should say night job since I work the graveyard shift, is being a machinist.
Same here; programming is a hobby, not full-time job, but a fun/rewarding hobby nevertheless!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote