View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 06:03 AM   #15
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I'm sorry, I'm probably going to expose my ignorance or lack of sophistication here, but I don't understand your question. I have uploaded several ebooks in which I took an image to use as the cover, and then overwrote the book title on that image. One of them is

Saladin and the Conquest of Jerusalem by Stanley Lane-Poole, in the ePub section at

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224264

The cover is from a painting by Gustave Doré, and I think could qualify as background image.

The html and CSS are certainly nothing fancy. Could this method not be used for an internal chapter? I presume you'll be starting the chapter on a new page.
Hi Alex;

Certainly you can use an image as a background and write above, that is the easiest method and the one I recommend. The solution that I developed by using a SVG wrapper I did it because Psymon didn't want to use a background image.

As for the book you mention, I was watching it and I didn't find a cover with a background image and text on top, maybe you did that in another book and not in the one you mention.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	163.5 KB
ID:	115733

But anyway, it is perfectly possible to use a background image and write text on it. That is what I did in:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...87&postcount=5

By the way, very very nice layout of the book you posted; I really like it a lot. You have made a great work with it; congratulations.

Regards
Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote